Fox Directors and Affiliates regularly teach leadership-related courses. The roster of courses includes academically-based community service classes that incorporate service to the community as a part of the curriculum. Also included are problem-solving learning courses in which the students spend a semester examining a particular issue and then write an extended report that includes an implementable action plan for addressing the problem.
Fox Program staff also advises individual students and student groups develop leadership training for their members; construct and facilitate programming to help student organizations accomplish goals; and mentor individuals or groups on a "by request" basis.
Since 2007, Fox staff has:
- Offered 56 courses
- Offered 41 recitations
- Supervised 93 independent studies and supervised 7 senior theses
- Provided approximately 14,500 hours of one-on-one advising and mentoring to Penn students and student groups
Samples of courses that Fox Directors and Affiliates have taught are listed below along with their syllabi.
- Global Leadership (PSCI 598: DiIulio, Cooke, Tierney, Lozano-Bielat)
- Public Management (GAFL 732: DiIulio, Tierney, Siegel)
- Leadership and Democracy (PSCI 132: DiIulio, Tierney, Brutsche, and Power)
- Introduction to American Politics (PSCI 130: DiIulio)
- Ending Hunger in Philadelphia (GAFL 343: Tierney)
- Religion, Nonprofit Organizations, and Public Policy (PSCI 240: DiIulio)
- Developing Effective Community Serving Programs (GAFL 345: Tierney)
- Healthy Schools: Inequality, Opportunity and Health (PSCI 335/HSOC 335: Summers)
- The Politics of Food and Agriculture (PSCI 135/HSOC 135: Summers)
- Bureaucracy, Politics and U.S. Public Administration (PSCI 298: DiIulio, Tierney)
- Engagement and Elections (PSCI 244: DiIulio, Tierney, Brutsche, and Schiera)
Fox has advised more than 20 Penn student organizations including the Penn Education Society, Penn Political Coalition, Tutor Chat Live, Global Youth United, Penn Eco Reps, Civic House, Penn Taiwanese Club, Penn Volleyball Team, Hill House Leadership, Pan-Asian Student Association, Students First, Management 100, King’s Court Leadership floor, Urban Nutrition Initiative, Theta Tau, AIESEC, Business Engineering and Penn Green.