Share Food Program
Share Food Program is a nonprofit organization focused on eradicating food insecurity in the Philadelphia Region through food distribution, education, and advocacy. Through partnerships with nearly 800 schools and more than 350 pantries across the region, Share Food Program has recently become the largest-serving food bank in the Philadelphia Region, and the largest independent food bank in the country.
The Customer Experience & Compliance Intern’s primary role is to serve as the interface between Share and the food pantries and distribution sites that Share serves. With support from the Pantry Network Manager and the Assistant Chief Program Officer (who supervises this position), the Intern will troubleshoot problems, provide excellent customer service and communication with partners, and collect and collate reporting data. Fellows during the academic year work remotely 10-15 hours per week and are paid for their time. Fellows over the summer work remotely for 35 hours each week and are provided a stipend.
- Field phone calls from pantries and distribution sites to understand and help solve problems
- Communicate reporting requirements and deadlines to pantries clearly
- Conduct consistent follow-up with pantries that fail to meet reporting requirements
- Collect and compile reporting data and produce monthly report
- Iterate on reporting systems and processes for future improvement
Skills and Competencies
- Commitment to excellent customer service and experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including receiving and making phone calls
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with data manipulation, analysis, and presentation
- Preferred but not required: ArcGIS mapping skills
The Fox Leadership Program hires fellows for the Share Food Program during the fall semester, the spring semester and over the summer. Application deadlines for each specific time period are outlined below.
- Fall Semester: August 28, 2023
- Spring Semester: November 21
- Summer: March 6
Interested Penn undergraduate students should apply using this Qualtrics form with a resume and a cover letter specifying your interest in this fellowship. In the cover letter, please describe how the fellowship will help you explore a particular career path and/or develop a specific skill.
Applicants should not contact the organization directly. Please email Katie Steele at email@example.com with any questions regarding the fellowships.